We are planning to create a purpose-built Safety Centre in Stevenage, providing an ideal base for us to welcome schools, community groups and corporates from across Hertfordshire and beyond.
A permanent Safety Centre has many benefits:
- It means we can welcome age groups from 3 to 103 years – not just the 10 and 11 year olds who currently attend local schemes
- The catchment area will increase to include primary, secondary and independent Hertfordshire schools – as well as home educated children – that do not currently attend Crucial Crew
- We will be in a position to offer the scheme to people with disabilities including those with loss or impairment of hearing and/or sight and a wide variety of all types of community groups
- The Centre will have the capability to expand its educational reach to neighbouring counties and North London
- We will be open six days a week, Monday-Saturday
- The dedicated specially-designed space will allow us to offer more than 10 scenarios and create tailor-made scenarios to suit specific groups.
In addition, the Safety Centre will enable us to further our links with other educational establishments in Stevenage and Hertfordshire.
It will also be used for many other purposes such as: providing a base for local groups, as a facility for our sponsors, for meetings and training, as a film set location, as a venue for open days and launch events, as host to numerous community projects and schemes.
We’ll be posting updates on the progress of the Safety Centre, so please check back for more news soon.